Monday, May 10, 2010

Mas' Islamic Restaurant

601 E Orangethorpe Ave
Anaheim, CA 92801

If you're a big fan of lamb meat. Here is where you should be going. While I'm not a big fan of it, It seems to be the special thing about this place. Not only that, their sesame bread is one of the best I've had for a while.


1 food - the food was delicious, and like most Chinese food greasy. It does carry the culture of Chinese food if that's what you're looking for. I know it's a fusion islamic/chinese, but I've never had Islamic food so I don't know. But definitely go for the sesame bread. (Thick bread, because it also comes in thin, but I think that's a matter of preference.)

2 the atmosphere was also well kept. While not as busy as I had expected, everything was clean and there is plenty of seating. The bathrooms were also well kept. This does seem like a family restaurant with cozy sights of employees rolling egg rolls as you make your way to the restroom. Parking seems ample enough too.


3. Service is probably better than usual Chinese restaurants. They're very attentive and a waitress checked back every now and then to see if we needed more tea. (put your tea pot on the aisle side of your table as it makes it easier for them). And interestingly enough, they pack our food for us, instead of giving us the take out box. REMARKABLE.

4. The price though I don't really think is very customary to Chinese food. While the servings are indeed large and hard to finish. I would much rather prefer to pay for a smaller amount of food and finish what I order, than a large amount of food and have leftovers. And to my knowledge from the people who accompanied me, they charge for rice...lame. But with large portions, it is ideal for you to come as a group rather than individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment